We recommend Ruud & Bradford White water heaters. We feel they are better than the competitors' brands. Generally, these have better insulation, faster recovery, more gallons in the first hour, and brass drain valves (not plastic).
Edwin Ruud - over 100 Years of Quality Pricing: Assuming your shut-off valve, supply lines, gas line, & water pan are less than 10 years old;
and everything is up to code...
40-gallon electric - $850
50-gallon electric - $950
40-gallon gas - $1000
50-gallon gas - $1100
75-gallon gas - $2500
Marathon non-metallic (can't rust!) 50-gallon electric - $3500
Marathon non-metallic (can't rust!) 75-gallon electric - $3600
Marathon non-metallic (can't rust!) 100-gallon electric - $4000
* standard 6-year warranty on Tank, upgradeable to a 10-year warranty
* 5-year warranty on all Labor - the highest in the business!
* I use real soldered copper, none of that push-on amateur stuff (like Sharkbite, etc.)
* I provide disposal of the old unit (a $100 value)
* Difficult Location - tight closet, upstairs, inside, backyard... price to be determined...
* Add 4-years of warranty to any heater: $230
* Aluminum drain pan: $50 (includes re-connection to the drain line)
* Lead-free brass shut-off valve: $50 each
* Stainless-steel corrugated water supply lines (best quality, high flow): $100/pair
* Expansion Tanks: typically about $150-200 depending on the size required
* Recirculating Pump kit & install: typically about $550 (includes timer & comfort valve)
* Sediment trap for the gas line: $50
* Pvc drain line for the water pan: typically $200 depending on difficulty & length of run
* 1200-lb galvanized steel platform: $200
Want to buy your own?
* Flat Install Fee: $500 + any additional parts & services that are needed (such as disposal).
(extra on the 75 gal models)
50-gal gas Ruud Professional Series water heater, comes standard with 6 year warranty. This customer added the Extra Anode which provides an additional 4 years of warranty for a total of 10 years worry-free service.
I don't like these using copper flex lines, they are easy to kink. And sweat-on lines are very difficult to remove.
another happy customer! 6-year warranty plus extra anode makes for a total of 10 years of worry free service.
no gas so tankless wasn't an option; installed 75-gallon Marathon with a Recirc pump, now they have lots of hot water on demand!