* This device gives you peace of mind when you are away from your home or on vacation
* Many insurance companies give a discount for having one
* Come in 3/4", 1", & 1.25" sizes
* Saves water and helps avert disaster
* Monitors the home and the landscaping
* see video by Moen here: https://youtu.be/xlfEF28Yo6k
Small footprint, Big monitoring capabilities. Monitors water temperature, water pressure, gallons per minute, and protects against leaks in real time
Ideally Flo goes before water enters the home
Many times the home is older and it makes sense to replace some of the mainline components now as opposed to having to re-do it later. We put a new main shut-off, new PRV, this home also had a hose for city water and another hose for softened water (to wash cars or solar panels). The vacuum breaker to the landscaping was not very old so we kept it.
This install had it all- 1.25" pipes, leaking fire sprinkler supply line, new mainline ball valve, new PRV, new Vacuum breaker to the landscaping, Flo, hose bib, and an expansion tank to deal with a Resonance-type water hammer. This one was definitely not for a handyman or do-it-yourselfer....
It is best to mount the Flo inside a wall if possible, but when not we like to use these solar covers to protect against direct sun exposure and rain. They come in Charcoal & Tan colors.